Tuesday 19 April 2011

P.S

I forgot to put on the last entry that every time me and Scott travel together I usually put him through some sort of emotional turmoil...

Venice - I forgot my passport, we had to disembark the train (Scott's face when he realised this wasn't the standard 'I have forgotten my passport' joke was priceless) and complete a mad taxi dash to my house and East Midlands airport with seconds to spare before the gate closing.

Beijing - I had my flight cancelled due to snow (I broke the news to Scott that I wouldn't be coming for Christmas), an hour later I found out I could fly after all (had to ring Scott to inform him of the error). I also lost my luggage in transit and had the pleasure on arrival to Beijing of having to fill in a form in Chinese with a Chinese man who spoke no English to assist me (I know no Chinese), so after not seeing each other for 4 months I stormed through arrivals with a face like thunder demanding to know where I could buy pants.

Paris - I lost our travel documents at some point in the airport, so over the tannoy an announcement was made for 'Scott Rentell' to immediately make himself known to airport staff, at this point we had no idea I'd lost the documents and all they wanted to do was hand them back. Fortunately the top document was in Scott's name and not mine, so I was spared the name and shaming to the whole of Manchester Airport.

Fingers crossed bad luck comes in 3's, otherwise Scotty could have aged 60 years by the end of this trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment